shadowFIX is a concealed fixing system for plywood panels utilising a patented plastic tongue design, countersunk screws and 3M adhesive tape. shadowFIX is easy to install, has no face fixings and creates a perfect 10mm shadow line.
shadowFIX is the best solution for installing our ariaply pre-finished panels in an attractive and efficient way. Austral Plywoods can provide the complete solution, including not only the shadowFIX plastic tongue, but also 3M tape, black screws, router bits and toggles. And with no face fixings required, the ariaply panel will not be penetrated, keeping the protective coating intact.
Details to note:
- framing set out must be at 2410 x 1210 centres
- shadowFIX plastic tongue is supplied in 2440mm lengths, pre-drilled and countersunk at 600mm spacings
- screws are supplied - 8G 25mm, countersunk Phillips head, marine grade stainless, black painted head and self tapping so you can simply screw straight into timber stud with no fuss
- 3M VHB tape is used in the centre of the panel
- toggle lock system to easily set the 10mm gap (diagram below)
- a router bit is available to purchase to accurately groove any on-site cuts
- edge sealer is also available in 6 different ariaply colours for use on raw edges due to on-site cutting
For help with installation, download the shadowFIX installation guide.